Have you ever eaten a dessert for breakfast? I have a tendency to want something sweet. I’ll usually have a piece of dark chocolate or, if I have some extra change, purchase a cookie from my local bakery to eat on the way to work.
Now, I don’t like the idea of having something that’s basically sugar for breakfast. However, I wanted to have something sweet yet nutritious enough for breakfast.
I checked my pantry and found some rolled oats and nuts. I decided to make something warm – an apple berry crisp.
This has no sugar, no flour, and no oil. It’s a vegan dessert that you could also serve for breakfast. It will definitely give you the energy that you need and satisfy your sweet tooth.
Here’s how I made it:
Apple Berry Crisp
1 apple, diced
1 cup frozen berries
2 tbsp sliced almonds
2 tbsp pecan or walnut pieces
½ cup rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Put diced apple and frozen berries in baking dish.
3) Place baking dish with fruit in the oven.
4) Bake for 15 minutes.
5) Remove baking dish from the oven and sprinkle oats, almonds nuts and cinnamon onto fruit.
6) Place baking dish back in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes.
7) Remove baking dish from the oven when topping is brown.
8) Allow to cool for approximately 10 minutes.
9) Scoop out onto a small plate or bowl.
You could eat the apple berry crisp warm or cold, with or without yogurt, ice cream or whipped cream on top. The crisp keeps well in the refrigerator, so it should last a few days.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your questions and suggestions by filling in the Comments section below.
Check out my other recipes here.
Want to know when I post a new project? Enter your e-mail in the subscription section of the sidebar and you will be notified when a new post is published.
Follow me on Instagram and Twitter.
Also, please share these posts on the various social media sites listed below.
Until next time, keep crafting and sharing.
Thanks for visiting!
Spinster Simone 🙂